Couldn't resist the post title...I watched the Lionel Richie special on t.v. last night.
Let's cut to the chase...the reason I have been a slack blogger is we are officially foster parents! It's wonderful, but it is time consuming and no offense, but if I have any extra time, I want to sleep! Another reason I haven't been blogging is because I cannot write about this sweet and wonderful person who is currently living with us and it feels weird to blog about my "family" and not include lp (short for "little person," the code name for our foster child). By the way friends, if you know anything about lp, please don't comment about any specifics on here please.
Here are some things we have done and things I have learned since the last time I blogged...
-Beck loves his daddy and because of this, he will go to any random man who reaches out to him. Freaks me out a little bit that this kid has limited stranger danger, but thankfully he can't walk....yet.
-Two kids is so much harder than one. I totally get it.
-I always wondered why my friends with kids wouldn't just get a babysitter and come hang out with me. I totally get it.
-I suck when it comes to grace and mercy for others, yet I thank God for His multiple times a day.
-When both kids are asleep, my tush is sitting still somewhere, and sometimes I am asleep too. There could be a tornado of laundry flying around my head and an entire meal of crumbs on the floor. It can wait because this Mama needs rest if she is going to make through to bedtime.
-Beck loves lp. In fact, his first word is the name we call lp around the house.
-Beck had his first haircut. It was traumatic for me, but he couldn't have had a better time. Give him a dum-dum and he is good.
-I have had to unsubscribe to some folk's status updates on facebook. I love keeping up with my friends who live far away or that I went to high school with, but I don't like the drama. Thankfully, I can choose to remove it.
-I really miss my mom friends who live really far away. I miss them alot.
-I really love my husband and there is nothing like seeing him in the role of daddy.
I promise to do better, but there may not be as many pictures because I don't have time to sit here and wait for them to upload.
"LP" is so lucky to be in such a loving foster home. We forgive you for not keeping your blog updated. Your time is much better spent with those precious little ones. I'm glad to know you are resting when they do. Sounds like you have your priorities in order!
ReplyDelete"Grandma Burley"
Yay! A new post! After three to 4 weeks of reading Beck's 9 months post... I think i have it memorized! lol Love yall! :)
ReplyDeleteEmily
I miss you, friend! I am so blessed to have such a wonderful person like you as a friend and inspiration! Beat wishes as you adjust! We will see you soon!
ReplyDeleteThat last comment was from Me AKA...Hannah
DeleteCongratulations on the newest addition to your household!
ReplyDeleteHa ha! I got a chuckle out of your title ... did no one else find that funny!?!
ReplyDeleteAnyway, so excited to meet LP as soon as we can. Can't wait to see BOTH of your children!
Glad we decided to re-enter the blogging world together. We'll have to hold each other accountable ... blog-ccountable, blaccountable. Nope, fail on that attempt.