Sunday, February 26, 2012

BWE-9 months

  • You are crawling!  A lot!  All over the place!  It has been fabulous for you, Daddy, and Mommy.  You are so much happier and you can get where you want to go, like under the table, to the front door, and wherever Mommy and Daddy are.  Right now, we are loving it mostly because you are much less fussy.  Here's to no more getting stuck on your tummy in the middle of the floor and flailing your arms and legs!  


  • You have four teeth now: 2 on top and 2 on the bottom.  You are enjoying lots of solid food these days, like green beans, rice, broccoli, bread, potatoes, sweet potatoes, Cheerios, pears, and carrots.  You even had some nibbles from Mommy's waffle fries at Chick-fil-A yesterday.  Maybe this is normal, but you would rather have real people food or really smooth baby food, but don't even think about giving you that textured baby food.  You become very tight-lipped when that stuff comes toward you on a spoon.


  •  You don't really care for any kid shows unless you are really sleepy (because that is the only time you are still) with one exception: the Fresh Beat Band.  Thank you Burleys for introducing us to this show!  We downloaded 2 episodes on Itunes and for 20 minutes two times a day, you are totally still and will not take your eyes off the laptop screen.  I usually let you watch right after or before a meal.  I leave you with your finger foods and I can get some dishes washed, clothes folded, and sometimes I just sit down and watch with you.  You really love the songs and sometimes you will just look up at me and grin from ear to ear.  You also swing your head back and forth, wave one arm over your head, and clap.  

We are loving this phase of you.  You are so expressive with your face and we are really seeing your personality come out.  You can play with us or by yourself for extended periods of time, and you enjoying playing with the simplest items.  When I fold clothes on the floor, you love to help me take everything out of the basket and then you play with the hangers.  You also love boxes and Kleenex.  If I really need to make a phone call, I hand you a paper napkin and you go to town shredding it.  You give Mommy and Daddy hugs, kisses, and pats on the back.  I know when you are tired because you will crawl right over to me, reach up to be held, and you will lay your head down on my shoulder.

We love you more every day and as always, our greatest desire is to teach you about Jesus and for the Holy Spirit to work in your heart so that one day you will make the decision to become a child of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment