Friday, January 14, 2011

Ahhhhhhhh!

Our adoption worker called us today...our home study has been approved and we are officially on the market!  Here are a few words to describe how I am feeling right now: excited, scared, concerned, pensive, freak-out. 

As I write this (and feel this), I know the absolute only way we are going to do this is with prayer.  I do not ask for prayer often, but I am asking now.  Pray that:

-God will make it abundantly clear to us who this wonderful person is that He designed to fit perfectly into our family,

-expectant mom (and dad) feel some peace about their decision to make an adoption plan and that expectant mom will take good care of herself and little one, and

-Jeff and I don't let our emotions run wild through all of this.

7 comments:

  1. WOO-HOOOOOOO!!! Wow! SO excited and praying as we have been for quite a while! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WooHoo!!! This is super exciting. Our family will definitely be praying for yours. Our adoption worker always told us "God will not allow you to say YES to the wrong baby, or NO to the right baby." Those are words that i really clung to throughout the entire process.

    God in His TOTAL sovereignty has already chosen your child. God may use another vehicle to get that child into this world, but he/she will be born to be an Edwards!!!

    Be prepared to have everything you have ever thought to be true about God to be blown out the window!! He is going to show Himself to you all in a way that you could have never imagined!!

    Keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are certainly in our thoughts and prayers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emily Said...
    I will continue to pray for yall! I Can't wait! I just want to know if its a boy or girl so i can start shopping!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for reading my blog! I just found yours and I am thinking of you during this exciting time! Congratulations on building your family :)

    ReplyDelete