Last December, I mentioned that we had a memory ornament and I said I would blog about it later. Well, a year later, here it is!
Jeff and I started this while we were still dating. Side note: We pretty much knew after dating a month that we were going to get married. Each year at Christmas we put something special inside of a glass ball ornament, something that reminded us of a big event for the year or just something that needed to be remembered. I used a paint pen to put an E and some dots on it for added fun. :)
It is so fun to pull it out every year, moving the ornament around to spot each memory and talking about why we put that particular object inside.
Last year, with some help from a pack of alphabet silly bands, we put the letter "A" in the ornament to represent adoption. In January of this year, just after Christmas, we finalized our home study and began to wait and pray. In April, we got an email and in May our prayers were answered.
So this year a "B" and a "W" silly band went into the ornament for our sweet Beck William who will be 7 months old on Christmas Eve. The ornament is filling up and I have no idea what we will do when it reaches capacity. Maybe we will just move it around, naming each object and reminiscing.
Emily Said...
ReplyDeleteWhen it gets full you could start another one or separate them out in to different ones like one ornament/year with the date on it or something! :)
Such a good idea! Love it!
ReplyDeleteWow girl! That's one of the BEST ideas ever! SO SWEET!
ReplyDelete