Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Go Pack Go!

After I stuffed myself on Thanksgiving and did that crazy shopping thing on Friday (1st and possibly last time), Jeff and I headed to Atlanta with the Jordans for a fun and filled weekend. We started at the Jordans' house with breakfast and then we headed to Atlanta...with a few stops. We had to stop in Commerce. Stopping at Commerce is like stopping at Krispy Kreme when the "Hot Now" red light is on...you just hafta do it. We went to the Coleman outlet and dreamed about all of the fun things we wanted to buy to go camping with. Then we remembered that we had so much stuff the last time we went that we couldn't possibly take more stuff.
We got back in the car and kept trekking down the road until we got to the Bass Pro Shop, which happens to be attached to the most interesting mall. The boys stayed at Bass Pro Shop while the girls headed out into the mall. In this mall (Discover Mills), there is just about any type of store you could imagine, a prety good food court (including a Chili's), an IMAX theater, and a Medieval Times. We decided that we could definitely live in this mall, and that there was probably a hotel tucked around a corner that we missed when we blinked.
After all of that fun, we got back in the car and finally made it to our hotel, but we only stayed long enough to throw our suitcases in the room and head back out to World of Coke. The last time I went to World of Coke was about 3 years ago and it was okay for a 5th grade field trip, which is what I was on. It is way better now. It is at least 2 times the size it was, it has 2 movies to view (one of which is 4D), and you get a free Coke in a glass bottle...and we all know that there is nothing better than Coke in a glass bottle (can I get an Amen!).
We ended the night with a little dinner before heading into the hotel to watch some rivalry weekend football, but we mostly watched the inside of our eyelids.
We woke up the next morning to do what we came to do: cheer on the Greenbay Packers. I had never been to a professional football game so I figured that it would be a cool experience for Jeff and me. And I will admit that if I ever had to pull for an NFL team, it would be the Packers because when I was younger, I did have a crush on Brett Favre (my secret is out). It was a fun game and thankfully we were surrounded by Packers fans. Nothing kills your joy like going to a game and having to sit in the midst of the other team's fans. It was a good game, but sometimes I think the Packers forgot how football was supposed to be played. They lost by a stinkin' field goal in the last 30 seconds of the game. It was kind of a sad ride home because Hawk is a big fan of the Packers...well that, and the 5+ hours of traffice we sat in...did I mention that we had 6 adults (one who is really tall) in a Grand Marquis...good times.

Hawk and Jeff before the game-we were in the 3rd row from the top

Halftime Show

The entrance of the Falcons-lots of pomp






the Packers entering the field
We decided that even though we had a great time at the game, we would like to see another one in Wisconsin so we can have the home field experience. Go cheeseheads!

1 comment:

  1. The big rivalry up here is the Bears and the Packers. Did not know you were such a fan! I'll have to see if I can find you any Packers stuff. It's mostly Bears around here.

    P.S. and on a totally unrelated note--Did you get my email? I got your text and just emailed you back so I could give you our Christmas info, too.

    ReplyDelete