Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Crafty Wrapping

I found this crafty way to reuse old cereal boxes in Family Fun magazine. 

You start with an empty cereal box.  Cut off the box tops on the end that is opened.

Wrap the box as if it were a present until you get to the open end of the box.  Tuck the paper in the open in and tape it to the inside of the box neatly.

Make two holes on each side of the box to thread a ribbon through to make handles.



It makes a sturdy gift bag.  The magazine called them "baxes," but when you say that, no one knows what you are talking about so it still requires an explanation.




Isn't that just dandy and cute!

3 comments:

  1. EmilySaid...
    very cute idea!!! I'll have to try it sometime!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so SAD I missed seeing this post before Christmas. THOSE ARE AWESOME!!! I'm no longer throwing away ANY of my cereal boxes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are a great idea for any gift and since boxes come in so many sizes you can wrap just about anything. Thanks for this simple and practical idea, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete