Friday, March 11, 2011

While I'm Waiting

People always ask Jeff and I how things are going with our adoption.  We've answered:
-"We are sitting on G and waiting on O."
-"Everything is done, we are just waiting to be chosen."
-"Just waiting for an email or a phone call (while holding up cell phone)."

Then people feel bad, like they have reminded us about something that makes us very sad.  I will ease everyone's mind and tell you we are not sad.  In fact, many nights I wander into Little One's room, and think, "Oh my...one day there will be a child sleeping in here...and that child might be crying...and it will be my responsibility to comfort them in hopes of getting them to stop crying..."  So waiting is not so bad.  I like to think that if waiting was a trade, we could be professional waiters.

When I do start feeling a little blue, this is the song that gets me through (and I can rhyme while I wait).

I'm waiting

I'm waiting on You, Lord

And I am hopeful

I'm waiting on You, Lord

Though it is painful

But patiently, I will wait



I will move ahead, bold and confident

Taking every step in obedience


While I'm waiting

I will serve You

While I'm waiting

I will worship

While I'm waiting

I will not faint

I'll be running the race

Even while I wait



I'm waiting

I'm waiting on You, Lord

And I am peaceful

I'm waiting on You, Lord

Though it's not easy

But faithfully, I will wait

Yes, I will wait


I will serve You while I'm waiting

I will worship while I'm waiting

I will serve You while I'm waiting

I will worship while I'm waiting

I will serve you while I'm waiting

I will worship while I'm waiting on You, Lord

5 comments:

  1. Waiting on the Lord is often hard, but, oh, the rewards! Praying for you and Jeff as you wait.
    The "Older" Mrs. Burley

    ReplyDelete
  2. My last verification word was "whenit" - so many ways to use that one. :)
    Mrs. Burley

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my FAVORITE songs ever! You are so encourgaing and I admire you're faith and trust in God while you wait...I know MANY blessings are soon to come!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emily Said...
    I love that song! but it will help you through your waiting just like praise you in this storm helped rupert through his storm! I Love you both and i can't wait for the little one!

    ReplyDelete