That's right. I have taken a va-coupon-ation. Also known as a vacation from coupons.
Couponing is like having a part-time job. Seeing as I have one of those now (although only for a few more weeks!), I don't need another one.
I have been taking a break from coupons for the last four weeks. It has been very liberating. And it has saved me money.
Yes, you read that correctly. My coupon vacation has saved me money. I found that I was buying things simply because I had a coupon. How can you pass up spending $0.15 on an item that would normally cost $4.00 by using a manufacturer coupon, a store coupon, and a BOGO sale?? And since I can do this deal 7 more times, why not??
What it got me was several bags of things I don't want, don't need, and won't use.
So I'm trying something new.
A big trip to Aldi at the beginning of the month to stock up on regular items that we use (that ends up being less than $150).
Then as-needed trips to Aldi, Bi-Lo, or Publix to get a few items here or there, like produce (that I swear we never ate because there was never a coupon for it!).
And of course stocking up on meat whenever it goes on sale at Publix or Bi-Lo.
Now Sunday is actually the "day of rest" it should be, rather than "spend 3+ hours clipping and organizing coupons while planning my week around which stores I can hit on which days". Maybe I will relish couponing like I did in the old days, but right now, I am loving that Sunday nap.
No comments:
Post a Comment