I was going to post more about our camping trip (Happy Camper Part 2), but Blogger is not being cooperative with my pictures. That being said, I will change topics and talk about the World Cup.
I would not consider myself a soccer fan, but I like it way more than golf and baseball (I know, baseball is the great American pasttime, blah blah blah) so I watched a game today between Cameroon and Denmark. I was pulling for Cameroon because they were more fun to watch with their green jerseys, red shorts, and bright yellow socks. Denmark was just wearing white. Anyhoo, it sounded like the stadium was full of mosquitoes...no lie! It sounded like there were mosquitoes in the stands and not people. I know its those long horn things that they blow in, but good grief, that is definitely near the top of my "most annoying sounds" list. I kept slapping my arms and legs hoping the sound would stop.
I am sad to report that Cameroon lost to Denmark 2-1. Oh well...better luck next year. Maybe they will ban the mosquito horns and the Cameroon players can have better concentration.
Ohhhh the lovely sound of the vuvuzela! You know that has been ringing through my house since the World Cup started since my husband has watched oh, I don't know, EVERY single game! Pretty sure Ella will come out thinking that's what our house sounds like on a regular basis. But, I have to agree - one of the most annoying sounds in the world. We make fun of it all the time now.
ReplyDeleteI knew Jason would be watching...maybe I should start texting him during the games like we did during the Olympics.
ReplyDeleteJason said the games start at 7:30 am, 10:00 am, and 2:00 pm tomorrow. He'll see you then! :)
ReplyDeleteI've never heard that sound but it sounds like I'm lucky! lol! But just wanted to let you know that sometimes I pick my favorite teams by their outfits,too! Must be a girl thing!
ReplyDelete