–noun Slang .
a person keenly interested in food, especially in eating or cooking
*borrowed from dictionary.com
I think I may be turning into one of these. I have never claimed to be a good cook or said that I love cooking or considered cooking a hobby. Recently, however, my behaviors have been contrary to this.
I have been planning our menus for forever. I'm just no good without a plan. I have been doing it more recently in an effort to save money by only buying what we need and then actually cooking and eating all of what I have made. I also know that with a plan, we are less likely to just pull through a drive-thru and eat junk.
I visit and read several blogs to plan our menu each week. I must say that it has become my favorite Saturday morning activity (I think that statement alone makes me qualify as a foodie). What I have realized is alot of these bloggers are simply borrowing from other blogs. I have also realized that some people just do a little tweak to a recipe and Voila! they have a whole new recipe. I guess I am experimenting with some recipe tweaking and going completely off the recipe to do what I feel led (another statement that a foodie would make). With all of that being said, here is our menu from last week.
Sunday-sandwiches and chips
Monday-chicken and rice soup (super easy and ymmy: throw chicken breasts, carrots, celery, salt, and pepper in the crock pot with chicken broth~cook all day~cook some rice and throw it in there right before serving~stir it all up and enjoy)
Tuesday-Teriyaki Chicken and vegetables
Wednesday-Meatloaf (from the kraftfoods.com but I do it for memory now) and brown rice
Thursday-Chicken Crescents and Swiss Potato Cups (I renamed the potato dish because the other name was boring)
Friday-Chick-fil-A night
Saturday-Lasagna-Stuff Garlic Bread (this makes a ton for two people and I could not get all of the stuffing to fit in the number of crescent rolls recommended. Despite all of that, it's a keeper.)
- SE's favorite: I have a tie between chicken and rice soup because it was so homey feeling and chicken crescents because they were super yummy and I have all of the ingredients on hand all of the time.
- Jeff's favorite: Can't tell you right now because he is snoozing after spending all night working and all morning and afternoon awake. That is a post for another day :)
First of all, thank you for spelling "voila" correctly. Pet peeve. Secondly, I have that lasagna recipe printed out to try. Glad to know it's a good one. And, third, I totally consider myself a foodie. Wear that title proudly, my friend!
ReplyDeleteHey SE!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE your menu planning:) I need to start doing that again, too...I've been lazy lately! Do you like thrifting and yard sales? Was wondering if you might wanna come with me one Saturday:)