Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Top 12 Things I Love About a Cruise - Part 2

Picking up where we left off...

6. Towel Art and other bedtime stuff
I loved coming in to our stateroom after dinner to see the bed turned down, our "Fun Times" telling us the next day's activities, our chocolates, and our towel animals. Can you guess the animals?


animal 1


animal 2


animal 3


animal 4

1-walrus, 2-jazzy rabbit with sunglasses, 3-chillin' by the pool rabbit, 4-elephant

5. Crazy games and activities.
Our cruise included two full days at sea. This means there are tons of activities to participate in and/or laugh at. We watched people do sound-bite trivia, minute to win it games, and so on.
Guys on one side and girls on the other. You guessed it: Time for a heated game of Battle of the Sexes.

Ladies cheering "You can't do that!" when the men are caught bending the rules.

4. Music and other spontaneous entertainment
There was no shortage of music on this cruise. Every kind you can imagine folks. And I loved the random acts of entertainment, even when it happened in my stateroom.
The Fantasy Band, my personal favorite group on the ship

Some reggae dudes, my personal by-the-pool favorite


One of our table-mates dancing with Sherwin, our waiter. All of the waiters and assistants danced for us one night in the dining room. I had a hard time keeping my seat because I love to kick up my heels.


This would be Jeff's impersonation of a fly (this is also the entertainment in my stateroom).


This guy and another guy randomly popped up on the ship to break dance. They were known as the Fun Force. Both of them had tried out for So You Think You Can Dance and made it to the third round. They were very entertaining and I loved how they seemed to just pop out of thin air.

Our ship had two water slides and this was the first thing Jeff wanted to do once we were settled into our stateroom. Woooo hoooooo!
3. Jewelry
You can get some amazing deals on jewelry in the Bahamas, and it is the real stuff (we have the papers to prove it). Two words folks: duty free!
Blue and white diamond earrings. These actually uncoil and become a dangling earring with the blue diamonds at the bottom.

This ring has blue diamonds on one side and when you separate the two bands and flip them over, there are black diamonds on the other side.

2. Midnight buffet
This had to be a separate entry from food because there is nothing like having a piece of pizza, a chocolate ice cream, and a hot chocolate at midnight after laughing your head off at a comedian, watching a great show, or shaking your groove thing. I deleted this picture accidentally, but I will upload it later.


1. KARAOKE
We ended most every night with a good hour of karaoke watching (too chicken to participate). We heard some great stuff and some not so great stuff. We witnessed some random people singing together, a few back up dancers, and some great sing-a-longs.
R-E-S-PECT...find out what it means to me.

This act was a family affair with sons backing up their father.


I do not remember what this guy was singing, but the guy in red felt the song needed a little Irish step dance to make it complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment